Friday, July 18, 2014

Day at the Museum and Saint Anne Novena - Day 2

Today is Day 2 of the Saint Anne novena and it has been a wonderful day! Aside the fact that I just found out that I have to have a colonoscopy, woo! (can you feel my excitement!) EM, S and I spent the afternoon at the Chrysler Museum. It was so much fun, I absolutely love museums. Though I am not a big fan of central american sculpture and pottery, I am a huge fan of european classics! You always see the "usual" paintings of the Virgin Mary, or the many different depictions of Christ...All which I love. However today we stumbled upon St. Sebastian! I was so excited I had a total Catholic nerd moment! #youknowyourecatholicwhen ... you pose your stroller in front of paintings with your son's patron saint. #noshame



Earlier on however we saw this gorgeous statue...of St. Anne. I was pretty surprised, St. Sebastian and St. Anne are two which are not seen very often. It was fitting that during the novena in her honor, asking for her intercession, we see of sign of her presence in our lives.


With that here is Day 2!

Glorious Saint Anne, how can you be otherwise than overflowing with tenderness toward sinners like myself, since you are the grandmother of Him who shed His blood for us, and the mother of her whom the saints call advocate of sinners? To you, therefore, I address my prayers with confidence.
Vouchsafe to commend me to Jesus and Mary so that, at your request, I may be granted remission of my sins, perseverance, the love of God, charity for all mankind, and the special grace of…
(State your intention here.)
…for which I stand in need at the present time. O most powerful protectress, let me not lose my soul, but pray for me that through the merits of Jesus Christ and the intercession of Mary, I may have the great happiness of seeing them, of loving and praising them with you through all eternity.
Amen.
Pray for us, Saint Anne and Saint Joachim!
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

XOMB

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10