Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My First Mother's Day

Before I dive into how great my little family is, and believe me I will; I want to start off by saying that I completely revamped the look of my blog. I am so excited to introduce this new layout. It has taken a lot of time and effort. Many, many an hour googling! Teaching yourself html is no easy feat! I also wanted to give a shout out to Natalie from The Busy Budgeting Mama.com, her post on how to make a killer blog was a huge help! Check her out ya'll! She is amazing!

Now to my wonderful first Mother's Day! I must admit, I wasn't really excited about Mother's Day. Growing up in an Italian household, where the holiday consists of a mere card and "happy mother's day", I didn't know what to expect.
The day started by waking up next to my little love snuggling between EM and I, he's partial to our memory foam mattress. That alone started the day off right! EM brought me my gift in bed before heading upstairs to make us brunch. Yumm :)

He gave me the most thoughtful gift, something I would have never thought of! He framed our son's feet print from the hospital.



Look how big they were! He might only be 6 weeks old now but he is one chunky monkey! After an amazing brunch and taking my time to get ready for the day...yes that doesn't seem like anything special, but when your showers turn into lightening speed hop in hop outs, taking your sweet time is HUGE!

We then headed to a late lunch; our life might revolve around food. LOL. 
While I was pregnant I was really put off by the thought of eating seafood. Well, when you live at the beach it makes eating out difficult. So we headed to Bubba's, our favorite seafood restaurant for some crab legs and mimosas! This place has the best view on the water! Sitting on the back deck and watching the boats go by.


Little love was such a great little boy, having slept the entire time we were at lunch. My mother-in-law is convinced he is not a real baby. Yes, he is wonderful, I know. :)

I am so blessed to have been able to spend a low-key day with EM and little love! EM was worried it wasn't enough, but just spending time with these two is all I could ever ask for. 


This little guy is the reason I get to celebrate this wonderful day. He has quickly made our lives so incredibly special and so full of meaning. Our hearts overflow daily with the love we have for him that sometimes I don't know how we can handle it!

OK, now no more procrastinating, time to straighten up the house while little love continues to nap. Fingers crossed I can get it all done before he wakes up.

XOMB



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10