Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pulled Pork

10:30 pm a few night ago my sweet mama texts me asking if I'm awake. Knowing she is usually in bed by this point it had me a little concerned. I quickly responded with an "of course, what's wrong"...typical Italian assuming the worse! Nothing...no response then after many texts on my part freaking out, she finally asks if she can call me. At this point I'm really freaked and am running through every possible horrible scenario in my head. I answer with a quick "are you ok?! what's going on?!" and she proceeds to tell him how her phone is possessed and wont send text messages and that she simply wanted to tell me about the super simple pulled pork crock pot recipe that she made that night.
Yes...I had a mild heart attack because my dear sweet mama wanted to share a recipe! Gotta love her! After we both cracked up at how scared I had been thinking of the first doom and gloom situation I could possibly come up with she proceeded to tell me of the yumminess she had made that night.


As every true self respecting southerner knows coleslaw is a must on top of any bbq sandwich. 


Crock Pot Pulled Pork 

* Pork, any fairly priced cut will do
* 1 can of Rootbeer
* Bottle of favorite BBQ sauce

All you do is place the pork piece into a crock pot and pour in the rootbeer. Then allow it to cook on high for 4-6 hours (depends on size of meat). After the meat is fully cooked pull apart with two forks. Allow it to sit in the turned off crock pot absorbing as much of the juices as possible. When you are ready to serve strain the cooking liquid and place the meat back into the crock pot and add the bbq sauce...again quantities are based on how much meat you have...can you have too much bbq sauce?!

The coleslaw was super easy and you could definitely just buy some already made from any grocery store. I made my own and used pre-made coleslaw mix and then added mayo, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper...all to taste. Of course there are plenty of very yummy coleslaw recipes on the internet so just make your favorite. Let me know what you think! I just love easy crock pot meals that taste as though you have slaved away in a kitchen! What are your favorites?

XOMB

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10