Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Novena - Day 4

As I post this, I am pacing across the living room floor. The tree lights are glowing and S is singing his sleepy song. EM is watching Home Alone, and it's simple times like this that remind me of just how blessed we are. 
Even now when S is teething and sleeping worse than ever, we have so much to be thankful for. 

At times I feel as though I'm undeserving of such wonderful blessings, as though I haven't done anything to merit them. However God has a bigger plan. Every blessing He gives us is for reasons far greater than we can comprehend at times. 
Today I was reminded, by a fellow mama, that the power of prayer is a wonderful gift to give. 

I love the idea praying for those who need it. I'm going to adopt a person/family in prayer each week. I'll make a prayer board and post that persons name up for the week. If prayers are what you need comment below and I would love to add you to the list! 

...now for day 4... 

Day 4 (December 19th) - The Christmas Novena 

O Lord, Word of God, You, whose glory is complete, came to us in perfect humility as a child in the womb. Your love for us and Your humility are unsurpassed and bring us to our knees in prayer and worship.

Your incarnation forever changed the world.

All Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and forever shall be, world without end.

Amen.

O Lord, infant Jesus, bring us the Hope that saves! Your birth to the Virgin Mary brought a Hope to the world that continues to sustain us. We pray for a saving Hope this Christmas.

We pray also for these intentions… (State your intentions here)

May Your Holy Will be done in my life and with these intentions.

We pray that the work of salvation that Your first coming began will reach fulfillment in each of us.

All Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and forever shall be, world without end.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10